1. In 2008, Kristen Schaal performed as part of THE SECRET POLICEMAN'S BALL, a series of irregularly scheduled charity events that benefit what human rights organization headquartered in the UK whose logo is a candle surrounded by barbed wire?
2. Schaal has lent her distinctive voice to several TV marketing campaigns, including a commercial advertising the Zensation Zalad at what chicken-centric fast-food chain located primarily in the southern United States?
3. Schaal joined the TOY STORY franchise in the third feature film, providing the voice of Trixie who, appropriately, is a toy version of what type of dinosaur?
4. In 2011, Schaal appeared as the President of the United States alongside a secret service agent played by John Slattery in a music video for "Conversation 16" off the album HIGH VIOLET by what Matt Berninger led band?
5. After Kristen's last name was misspelled in the credits of an episode of a popular animated series on which she was a guest star, what character is seen the following week writing the phrase "It's Kristen Schaal, not Kristen Schall" over and over?
6. In 2020 Schaal appeared in a sequel playing a character who shares the name of the real-life daughter of the actor who played her father, Rufus, in the previous installments of the series. What comedy legend who died in 2008 played her time traveling dad?
7. In one of her appearances as a THE DAILY SHOW correspondent, Schaal jokingly discusses the progress women have achieved in the area of "sexy Halloween costumes". She sarcastically laments that in her mother's day the only choices women had were to be a sexy secretary or a sexy version of what occupation that these days is often more appropriately referred to as a parking enforcement officer?
8. Speaking of professions, Schaal appears in the MAD MEN episode "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" along with Stephanie Courtney, better known as Flo from the Progressive ads, working at what job that was made obsolete by the advent of direct dialing?
9. In 2014, Schaal played Amanda Simmons, a "drug-addled former child star", on a Hulu series that lampoons what franchise of reality shows that began in Orange County in 2006 on Bravo and will visit Dubai in a new installment premiering this year?
THE REAL HOUSEWIVES
10. After a year at The University of Colorado at Boulder, Schaal transferred to and graduated from what university on the shores of Lake Michigan that, as Michael Wilbon can tell you, won seven women's lacrosse NCAA national championships in eight years from 2005 to 2012 and was a founding (and current) member of the Big Ten Conference?
1. This year Mj Rodriguez became the first transgender actor to win a Golden Globe for her work on what FX show co-created by Ryan Murphy that explored New York City's drag ball culture of the 1980s and 90s?
2. Retired after 56 years in service, the MV JOHN F KENNEDY was recently bought in auction by a group that includes Colin Jost and Pete Davidson. In what capacity was the JFK used, a function related to the borough of New York City where Jost and Davidson grew up?
Staten Island ferry
3. Taking the concept of a gap year to the extreme, 19-year-old Zara Rutherford traveled to 41 countries over 155 days while becoming the youngest woman to do what?
fly solo around the world
4. Microsoft recently announced that they will be buying video game company Activision Blizzard. Among the many popular game franchises they will be acquiring is what series named for the first skateboarder to land a 900 in competition?
5. On January 9 Rachel Balkovec became the first woman to manage a team in Minor League Baseball when she was hired by the Tampa Tarpons, the Low A affiliate for which Major League team that finished the 2021 season eight games behind the first-place Tampa Bay Rays in the AL East, tied with the rival Red Sox.
New York Yankees
6. Ahead of a second film adaptation of a musical for which he wrote the lyrics, what icon of 20th-century musical theater, who found inspiration from Aristophanes, Georges Seurat, and the Brothers Grimm, died the day after Thanksgiving?
7. Released November 19, what mononymous Brit's fourth LP became the top-selling album of 2021 in the US in just three days?
8. In December, a bill known as "Our City, Our Voice" was passed in New York City, which opens local elections to an estimated 800,000 members of what segment of the population as long as they meet certain work requirements?
9. Bringing to an end a trial that lasted months and a scandal that lasted years, on January 3 Elizabeth Holmes, the founder of Theranos, was found guilty on four counts of fraud. Holmes claimed Theranos had developed technologies that would revolutionize what common medical process used to analyze the levels of certain substances in the body?
10. Among the members of the US Olympic delegation hoping to get a repeat gold next month in Beijing is Chloe Kim who, in 2018 topped the field in her event at just 17 years old while competing in what sport that became a part of the games in 1998?
Trivia Grab Bag
1. Alternative rock band Veruca Salt's second album EIGHT ARMS TO HOLD YOU got its name from one of the working titles of which Beatles' movie, their second, which eventually shared its name with an album whose cover shows the members doing a poor job of spelling the title using semaphore?
2. During the 1950s, in THE PRESIDENT'S LADY and THE BUCCANEER, Charlton Heston twice played what 7th US President who was known as Old Hickory due to the toughness he exhibited during the War of 1812?
3. Founded in 1948 and located near Boston, Brandeis University is named after Louis Brandeis, the first Jewish member of what legal body?
US Supreme Court
4. In 1913, a show officially known as the International Exhibition of Modern Art, the first major event of its kind in the US, was held at what type of building in New York City that is built for militaristic purposes?
5. In 1984, Bill Murray took on the role of Larry Darrell, previously played by Tyrone Power in 1946, in an adaptation of what W Somerset Maugham novel whose title references an idiom about being in a precarious situation?
THE RAZOR'S EDGE
6. Walter Reed, the namesake of a tri-service military medical center located in Bethesda, Maryland, led a US Army team that made important breakthroughs in understanding of the spread of what mosquito-borne disease which had greatly slowed progress on the Panama Canal?
7. Claude and Paloma Picasso have a very famous father, and when they were in their 20s they gained a stepfather who was famous in a much different field. In 1970, their mother, artist and writer Francoise Gilot, married what American scientist whose polio vaccine entered public use in 1955?
8. At age 91, having seen over 4,000 Cubs games, Harry Grossman was selected to perform a task on August 8, 1988 that had never been done before at Wrigley Field. He activated what now ubiquitous aspect of baseball stadium design?
9. What word can refer to a game that is also called draughts, a fast food restaurant that is a counterpart to Rally's, a minor league hockey team in Charlotte, or a speech given in 1952 by the Republican candidate for Vice President?
10. Beginning with THE IPCRESS FILE, he has played the Len Deighton created character Harry in five movies. Early in his career he originated roles that would later be played by Jude Law, Mark Wahlberg, and Sylvester Stallone. The winner of two Oscars for Best Supporting Actor, his second came for playing the director of an orphanage in THE CIDER HOUSE RULES. Who is this British actor, perhaps best known in the US, for playing a butler in a popular superhero trilogy?
Instructions: Each question represents a celebrity family. For each member of the family in a question, there will be two clues identifying movies, songs, TV shows, roles, etc that person is known for. Name the members of the family and how they are related within the family.
a. SOME LIKE IT HOT (movie), SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS (movie)
b. PSYCHO (movie), TOUCH OF EVIL (movie)
c. HALLOWEEN (movie), KNIVES OUT (movie)
d. WAITING FOR GUFFMAN (movie), BEST IN SHOW (movie)
a. Tony Curtis (father of c)
b. Janet Leigh (mother of c)
c. Jamie Lee Curtis
d. Christopher Guest (husband of c)
a. THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE (movie), AND THEN THERE WERE NONE (movie)
b. THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE (movie), CHINATOWN (movie)
c. THE ADDAMS FAMILY (movie), SMASH (TV)
d. THE PROPOSITION (movie), CHILDREN OF MEN (movie)
e. BOARDWALK EMPIRE (TV), KILL YOUR DARLINGS (movie)
a. Walter Huston (father of b)
b. John Huston
c. Angelica Huston (daughter of b)
d. Danny Huston (son of b)
e. Jack Huston (grandson of b)
a. SONG OF THE GRINGO (movie), "I'm Wastin' My Tears on You" (song)
b. THREE'S COMPANY (TV), PROBLEM CHILD (movie)
c. JOAN OF ARCADIA (TV), GRAVITY FALLS (TV)
d. HEAVENLY CREATURES (movie), YELLOWJACKETS (TV)
a. Tex Ritter (father of b)
b. John Ritter
c. Jason Ritter (son of b)
d. Melanie Lynskey (wife of c)
a. YENTL (movie), FUNNY GIRL (movie)
b. LIFE IN PIECES (TV), MARCUS WELBY, MD (TV)
c. NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN (movie), Thanos (role)
d. ARKANSAS (movie), YELLOWSTONE (TV)
a. Barbra Streisand
b. James Brolin (husband of a)
c. Josh Brolin (son of b)
d. Eden Brolin (daughter of c)
a. THE OUTSIDERS (movie), APOCALYPSE NOW (movie)
b. ROCKY (movie), THE GODFATHER (movie)
c. WILD AT HEART (movie), RAISING ARIZONA (movie)
d. LOST IN TRANSLATION (movie), THE VIRGIN SUICIDES (movie)
e. RUSHMORE (movie), Phantom Planet (band member 1994-2003)
a. Francis Ford Coppola
b. Talia Shire (sister of a)
c. Nicolas Cage (nephew of a)
d. Sophia Coppola (daughter of a)
e. Jason Schwartzman (son of b)
a. ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK (movie), BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA (movie)
b. ROWAN & MARTIN'S LAUGH-IN (TV), THE FIRST WIVES CLUB (movie)
c. ALMOST FAMOUS (movie), FOOL'S GOLD (movie)
d. LODGE 49 (TV), BLACK MIRROR - "Playtest" (TV episode)
a. Kurt Russell
b. Goldie Hawn (partner of a)
c. Kate Hudson (daughter of b)
d. Wyatt Russell (son of a)
a. "Come On-a My House" (song), "Mambo Italiano" (song)
b. ER (TV), O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU? (movie)
c. Cyrano de Bergerac (role), THE CAINE MUTINY (movie)
d. TWIN PEAKS (TV), NCIS: LOS ANGELES (TV)
a. Rosemary Clooney
b. George Clooney (nephew of a)
c. José Ferrer (husband of a)
d. Miguel Ferrer (son of a/b)
a. "Imagine" (song), "Come Together" (song)
b. "Yes, I'm a Witch" (song), "Woman Power" (song)
c. "Too Late for Goodbyes" (song), THE SECRET VALUE OF DAYDREAMING (album)
d. INTO THE SUN (album), Cibo Matto (band member 1997-2002)
a. John Lennon
b. Yoko Ono (wife of a)
c. Julian Lennon (son of a)
d. Sean Lennon (son of a/b)
a. MILK (movie), BOB HONEY WHO JUST DO STUFF (novel)
b. RESERVOIR DOGS (movie), FOOTLOOSE (movie)
c. "No Myth" (song), BOOGIE NIGHTS (movie score)
d. "Save Me" (song), THE BIG LEBOWSKI (movie)
a. Sean Penn
b. Chris Penn (brother of a)
c. Michael Penn (brother of a)
d. Aimee Mann (wife of c)
a. 30 ROCK (TV), GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS (movie)
b. BIO-DOME (movie), THE USUAL SUSPECTS (movie)
c. DROP THE MIC (TV), IMG Models (modeling agency)
d. "Baby" (song), "Stuck With U" (song)
e. FLATLINERS (movie), BACKDRAFT (movie)
f. "Hold On" (song), BRIDESMAIDS (movie)
g. "California Dreamin'" (song), "Monday, Monday" (song)
a. Alec Baldwin
b. Stephen Baldwin (brother of a)
c. Hailey Bieber (daughter of b)
d. Justin Bieber (husband of c)
e. William Baldwin (brother of a)
f. Chynna Phillips (wife of e)
g. John/Michelle Phillips (parents of f)
Errors: Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any errors you find within the questions. I will update the page and include corrections in the next email. Please limit these to factual errors that affect the validity of the question. I already know my grammar and spelling is horrible!